Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nearly graduated :-)

Since this is only my (Rino) third blog post about my internship it is clear that it was not as interesting as the rest of our adventures here on Bali ;-). Last time I explained that I kept myself busy with guiding the process of the practical training for the students of Stenden Bali. Well, that has kept being my main focus during the past few months. Furthermore I also did my research project about this practical training and I have been active finishing the project as well. This has kept me much more busy compared to the first half of my internship. I will not bother you with all the details, since these are just boring, but I ‘nailed it’ and received only very positive marks for both my internship as my research project. This means that I just have to work until the first of July and then I will receive my Bachelor of Business Administration in International Hospitality Management :-)

Overall looking it has not been the most interesting internship, but if I had to do it all over again I think I would still go for this hotel. To work in a completely Indonesian/Balinese hotel was a great experience. The benefit of this is also that everybody is very relaxed, which meant that I could give my own twist to the internship (manage my own working hours etc.). My General Manager (Pak Goesde) is also a Balinese and he really liked to talk to me, so I have learned a lot from him about the very interesting and complex (say corrupt) Indonesian hotel/business industry.

So this is probably going to be my last blog post about my internship, because I don’t think there will be happening so much more ;-). I will never regret making the decision to do this internship, since it was the reason for us to go to Bali for 10-months and I can say it was an experience of a lifetime.

To all my Puri Saron colleagues, thanks’ for having me :-)

Barry Doesburg (my internship coordinator) on the left, Pak Gusti Kade Sutawa General Manager and my internship supervisor in the middle and me on the right :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment